Friday, February 29, 2008

Unbuyable Revisited-Hand drawn Clothing Rack


This is hand drawn clothing rack.
How did I make it?
These are my notes just in case
my brain goes into lag and freeze
mode and I forget.
I am using terms that I can
remember it may be confusing
and unclear to anyone without
clear understand of layer effects.
So forgive me if I lose you
writing this.
The only step I am sure I did first
was number 1, memory is crashing
so it's all bit foggy at the moment.
Often I repeat and blurred the steps
but these are what I remember.
1) I drew it out in one layer in
black for first layer.
2) I used previous texture I had as second layer.
I had velvet clothing experiment
I had made few months back
I used over the dark lines.
3)Then I erased the areas around the clothes to make background
transparent.
4) Then with each following layer I added different color layers.
White for shininess. Often I had to repeat adding white
transparent layers to get the look right.
At first the white just
added new dimension to the fabric but after adding a new detail I would
go back and add another white layer experiment with what degree the transparency
needed to be.
Often I used the normal effect after deciding for this it was best looking
personally for what I was doing.
5)White ruffles I used several layers of white layer with desolve effect selected,
adjusting transparency to show the black.
Then with another white layer I selected
Bevel & Emboss to add another level.
6) Add new colors that with blend into the effect of clothing I want, experiment
more with layers effects and transparent levels to see what works best.
Add more white highlights, details as I go, explore what works.
Forgot to add new levels so I had to correct few things with more color.
7) The bra was combination of White. off-white, few other colors.
I used Bevel & Emboss there too. I had problems though with drawing
the corset strings right had to experiment to get at least close to effect
I wanted.
Realized Bra need bit more definition added black Desolve layer at very
low transparency
8) Buttons yellow with embossed too.
I hand painted on the layers adjusting the layers for different textured effects.
9)When I was done I used Grey Gradient with Bevel and
Emboss inside a square shape to create the rack.
What I couldn't create with preset
square shapes or circle cut outs I hand drew it.
**If I had to do it over I would have put in the clothing rack first and used more
layers.
Reminder to save more, do more layers
Hand draw better corset strings.
Most of all I just experimented, made sure I had many layers just in case
I made mistakes until I got the look I wanted.
So now the big question do these Clothes will they make my butt bigger.

2 comments:

AuroraSkye said...

wow neat clothes drawings FD. And you say you can't draw! Very well done! :-)

FD Spark said...

Well sometimes my drawing turn out but sometimes I was to draw something and I can't create exactly what is in my head so by that standards I don't always feel I can draw. If that makes any sense at all?
Hugs I will be online Monday hopefully you will be online too then.